As you can see I’ve been on a spree of joining reading challenges. I’ve been looking all over the place trying to find a novels-in-verse challenge but haven’t been able to find one. So I decided why not start my own?
This challenge runs from January 13th – December 31st, 2012.
All books must be started on/after January 1st. Once you choose your level you can’t change it.
You can read any in verse YA or MG novels it doesn’t matter when they were published but YOU MUST READ THEM IN 2012. Also, feel free to re-read ones you’ve already read AS LONG AS YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY REVIEWED IT.
You must post all your reviews on your blog or Goodreads.
To join the reading fun just create a sign-up post that includes a link to this post, the level you’ve signed up for, and the button above. If you want you can even create a list of the books your hoping to read as part of the challenge. You can create a list of books beforehand or start a blank list and fill them in as you read. It’s that easy. Then come back here and link up! Please link to the post directly and not just your blog.
SEND ME YOUR QUESTIONS:
I’m also going to try and do an author interview each month so that we can get to know some of these awesome authors. Just leave your questions in the comments and I’ll pick a few questions for each author. (There are no guarantees that your question will be answered! Or that the authors will even agree to an interview.)
These are the authors I’m planning on contacting first:
- Ellen Hopkins (Crank, Identical, Impulse, Tricks, Glass, Fallout, & Burned)
- Guadalupe Garcia McCall (Under the Mesquite)
- Holly Thompson (Orchards)
- Kelly Bingham (Shark Girl)
- Stasia Ward Kehoe (Audition)
- Tracie Vaughn Zimmer (Reaching for Sun & 42 Miles)
- Lisa Ann Sandell (Song of the Sparrow & The Weight of the Sky)
- Lorie Ann Grover (Loose Threads & Hold Me Tight)
- Samantha Schultz (You Are Not Here & I Don’t Want To Be Crazy)
- Sonya Sones (What My Mother Doesn’t Know, What My Girlfriend Doesn’t Know, One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies, Stop Pretending: What Happened When My Big Sister Went Crazy)